Only a poor blackjack player will see a possibility for massive wins and pass it by without consideration. Card counting has been around for the longest time, which is why you don’t have to be a seasoned player to at least have heard about it.
- However, just how efficient is this line of action?
- How viable is it?
- And, most importantly, is it worth trying out today?
Keep reading to find out!
What Is Card Counting In Blackjack?
It is simply a process of positive, negative, for 0 value is assigned to each card value to guide your hand on how to bet in each game. So, when a card of a particular matter is dealt, a player will adjust their count by the card’s counting value. So, a low card will essentially raise the count as it increases the percentage of high cards in the deck, while vice versa will happen with a high card for the same reason. Now you know what this activity is. But does it work? The answer to this question is somewhat convoluted.
Card Counting In Blackjack
Players like Edward Thorp have shown some substance to card counting in blackjack. This 1960s gambling author perfected that craft so well that he immortalized himself in the game. However, one thing to remember is that times are different. Because of this, card counting has barely even half the efficacy that it did in the past. Some of the factors contributing to the relegation of card counting to the background include changes in the rule of the game, facial recognition, and even RFID tracking inside chips. Suffice it to say that casinos are cracking down big-time on advantage playing. What’s more, the situation isn’t so different from online blackjack. If anything, it’s even easier to spot advantage players there!
Can You Win More With Card Counting?
When done right and to perfection, yes, you could. What you stand to win wouldn’t be that different from what was already within your grasp as a regular player. That being said, the main reason that this exercise isn’t even worth your while is that it’s tough to do by yourself. What’s more, should you manage to perfect it, you can only use it a few times before even the most lenient casinos will shut you out! Of course, you have the advantage that it isn’t illegal. Still, the amount of work that goes into it makes it barely worth the effort.
As a bettor, you’re in the right to look for sure ways to win at blackjack. For us, we recommend that you do this in a place where everything has been primed to favor you. After a foray into the world of online blackjack, we came across this platform. With the massive array of bonuses and discounts they offer, coupled with the favorable odds on each game, you won’t need to count cards to walk away from a winner there!
Frequently Asked Questions About Online Blackjack
There are several strategies that can be used to increase your chances of winning at online blackjack. Some of the most effective strategies include:
- Basic strategy: This is a set of rules that tell you the best way to play every hand based on the cards you have and the dealer's up card. By following basic strategy, you can reduce the house edge and increase your chances of winning.
- Card counting: While it is more difficult to count cards online, some players still use this strategy to track the ratio of high to low cards in the deck and adjust their bets accordingly.
- Bankroll management: Setting a budget for your online blackjack sessions and sticking to it can help you avoid losing more money than you can afford.
- Taking advantage of bonuses: Many online casinos offer bonuses and rewards for blackjack players, so be sure to take advantage of these offers to increase your bankroll.
- Playing fewer hands: Online blackjack games deal cards faster than live blackjack games, which can make it easy to play more hands than you intended. To avoid this, set a limit on the number of hands you want to play and stick to it.
It's important to note that, no strategy can guarantee a win and while some of these strategies can help you to increase your chances of winning, it's also important to remember to always gamble responsibly.
It is technically possible to count cards while playing online blackjack, but it is much more difficult than counting cards in a physical casino. In an online blackjack game, the deck is shuffled after every hand, making it impossible to keep track of the cards that have been dealt. Additionally, many online casinos use random number generators to shuffle the virtual deck, further making it impossible to keep track of the cards.
Furthermore, many online casinos use software that detects card counting and will ban players who are caught using this strategy. As such, it is not a recommended strategy when playing online blackjack.
It's worth mentioning that card counting is not illegal, but it's considered frowned upon by the casinos and can get you banned from playing. Additionally, even if you are able to count cards successfully, the house edge in online blackjack is often lower than in physical casinos, so the benefits of card counting are less pronounced.
The odds of winning at online blackjack can be similar to those in a physical casino, but there are some differences to keep in mind.
One of the biggest differences is that online blackjack games typically use a random number generator (RNG) to shuffle the virtual deck, while physical casinos use a physical deck of cards. RNGs are designed to be random, but there is a small chance that they may not be perfectly random. This means that there could be a slight difference in the odds of winning online compared to a physical casino.
Another difference is the number of decks used, online blackjack games can use up to 8 decks while physical casinos use 1-2 decks. This can also affect the odds of winning.
Additionally, some online blackjack games may have different rules or payout structures than those in physical casinos, which can also affect the odds of winning.
Overall, the odds of winning at online blackjack can be similar to those in a physical casino, but it's important to be aware of the potential differences and to choose games that have favorable rules and payout structures.
In general, the rules for online blackjack are similar to those in a physical casino. Both types of blackjack games follow the basic rules of the game, which include:
- The goal is to get a hand with a higher total value than the dealer's hand, without going over 21.
- The player is dealt two cards, and the dealer is dealt one face-up card and one face-down card.
- The player can choose to "hit" and take additional cards, one at a time, in order to increase the total value of their hand.
- The player can choose to "stand" and keep their current hand.
- If the player goes over 21, they lose the game, regardless of the dealer's hand.
However, there may be some small differences in the rules depending on the specific online blackjack game or website you are playing on. For example, some online casinos may offer variations of the game such as "Blackjack Switch" or "Blackjack Surrender" which include different rules.
It's important to check the rules of the specific online blackjack game you are playing before you start. This way you can ensure that you understand the game and how it differs from the traditional version of the game.
Online blackjack can be safe and fair to play if you choose a reputable online casino. Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for a safe and fair online blackjack experience:
- Look for a reputable online casino: Do your research and choose an online casino that has a good reputation for fairness and safety. You can check out reviews from other players, and look for certifications from organizations such as eCOGRA.
- Check for a valid license: Make sure the online casino you choose is licensed and regulated by a reputable authority such as the Malta Gaming Authority or the UK Gambling Commission.
- Check for security features: Look for online casinos that use SSL encryption to protect your personal and financial information.
- Check the game's RNG: Make sure the online casino is using a reputable Random Number Generator to shuffle the virtual deck and check that the casino has been audited by independent auditing firms.
- Read the terms and conditions: Be sure to read the terms and conditions of the online casino you choose, and make sure that you understand the rules and regulations of the online blackjack game you will be playing.
By following these guidelines, you can ensure that you have a safe and fair online blackjack experience. It's important to remember to always gamble responsibly and to set limits for yourself.
Yes, we do offer bonuses for new players, such as sign-up bonuses, referral bonuses, and loyalty bonuses. These bonuses can be in the form of free bets, deposit matches, or cashback.