The world of online blackjack is an exciting and beautiful place; there’s so much money to be made and fun to be had. If you want to be apart from the other players in this industry, you need to know things that they don’t. One of the areas you need to develop a knowledge and understanding of is card counting. Knowing how to do this like a pro can go a long way in increasing your bankroll!
What Is Card Counting In Blackjack?
Before you can become adept at any craft, it’s only logical to know what it entails in graphic detail first. Also known as advantage playing, card counting is a process by which a player keeps track of all the cards in the shoe of a blackjack game. A positive, negative, or zero (0) value is assigned to each available card in blackjack counting. So, when a card with that set value is dealt, the player adjusts the count by that cards’ given card counting value. The presence of low cards increases the count. They increase the percentage or odds of the high cards in the remaining cards. In the same vein, a high card will decrease the count for the opposite reason.
The Best Card Counting Strategy In 2022
As you would imagine, there are several card counting strategies and systems. As advantage players become more adept at this activity, they can tweak existing processes and create new designs. That said, if you’re finding your feet in card counting, we highly recommend you adopt the Hi-Lo Count. We’ll be breaking down this strategy more concisely now.
The Hi-Lo Count In Blackjack
Also commonly referred to as the Plus/Minus system, it is known and loved because it is simple to learn and execute. All you have to do with the Hi-Lo Count system is to assign each deck in a game a value of +1, -1, or 0. This system is excellent because it offers you a simple yet efficient way to keep track of all the high cards left in any deck. Because when you count all cards in the deck to the end, you get a zero value. It’s also referred to as a “balanced system.” Smaller cards with a card value from 2 to 6 are assigned a value of +1. Cards with a card value from 7 to 9 are known as middle cards and are given a value of +0. The oversized cards are the face cards (King, Queen, and Jack) and ten cards and are assigned a value of -1.
Testing The Hi-Lo System
When you’re ready to take the plunge, we recommend doing this on a good platform. Using this online casino allows you to utilize the Hi-Lo system to the fullest.
Frequently Asked Questions About Online Blackjack
There are several strategies that can be used to increase your chances of winning at online blackjack. Some of the most effective strategies include:
- Basic strategy: This is a set of rules that tell you the best way to play every hand based on the cards you have and the dealer's up card. By following basic strategy, you can reduce the house edge and increase your chances of winning.
- Card counting: While it is more difficult to count cards online, some players still use this strategy to track the ratio of high to low cards in the deck and adjust their bets accordingly.
- Bankroll management: Setting a budget for your online blackjack sessions and sticking to it can help you avoid losing more money than you can afford.
- Taking advantage of bonuses: Many online casinos offer bonuses and rewards for blackjack players, so be sure to take advantage of these offers to increase your bankroll.
- Playing fewer hands: Online blackjack games deal cards faster than live blackjack games, which can make it easy to play more hands than you intended. To avoid this, set a limit on the number of hands you want to play and stick to it.
It's important to note that, no strategy can guarantee a win and while some of these strategies can help you to increase your chances of winning, it's also important to remember to always gamble responsibly.
It is technically possible to count cards while playing online blackjack, but it is much more difficult than counting cards in a physical casino. In an online blackjack game, the deck is shuffled after every hand, making it impossible to keep track of the cards that have been dealt. Additionally, many online casinos use random number generators to shuffle the virtual deck, further making it impossible to keep track of the cards.
Furthermore, many online casinos use software that detects card counting and will ban players who are caught using this strategy. As such, it is not a recommended strategy when playing online blackjack.
It's worth mentioning that card counting is not illegal, but it's considered frowned upon by the casinos and can get you banned from playing. Additionally, even if you are able to count cards successfully, the house edge in online blackjack is often lower than in physical casinos, so the benefits of card counting are less pronounced.
The odds of winning at online blackjack can be similar to those in a physical casino, but there are some differences to keep in mind.
One of the biggest differences is that online blackjack games typically use a random number generator (RNG) to shuffle the virtual deck, while physical casinos use a physical deck of cards. RNGs are designed to be random, but there is a small chance that they may not be perfectly random. This means that there could be a slight difference in the odds of winning online compared to a physical casino.
Another difference is the number of decks used, online blackjack games can use up to 8 decks while physical casinos use 1-2 decks. This can also affect the odds of winning.
Additionally, some online blackjack games may have different rules or payout structures than those in physical casinos, which can also affect the odds of winning.
Overall, the odds of winning at online blackjack can be similar to those in a physical casino, but it's important to be aware of the potential differences and to choose games that have favorable rules and payout structures.
In general, the rules for online blackjack are similar to those in a physical casino. Both types of blackjack games follow the basic rules of the game, which include:
- The goal is to get a hand with a higher total value than the dealer's hand, without going over 21.
- The player is dealt two cards, and the dealer is dealt one face-up card and one face-down card.
- The player can choose to "hit" and take additional cards, one at a time, in order to increase the total value of their hand.
- The player can choose to "stand" and keep their current hand.
- If the player goes over 21, they lose the game, regardless of the dealer's hand.
However, there may be some small differences in the rules depending on the specific online blackjack game or website you are playing on. For example, some online casinos may offer variations of the game such as "Blackjack Switch" or "Blackjack Surrender" which include different rules.
It's important to check the rules of the specific online blackjack game you are playing before you start. This way you can ensure that you understand the game and how it differs from the traditional version of the game.
Online blackjack can be safe and fair to play if you choose a reputable online casino. Here are a few things to keep in mind when looking for a safe and fair online blackjack experience:
- Look for a reputable online casino: Do your research and choose an online casino that has a good reputation for fairness and safety. You can check out reviews from other players, and look for certifications from organizations such as eCOGRA.
- Check for a valid license: Make sure the online casino you choose is licensed and regulated by a reputable authority such as the Malta Gaming Authority or the UK Gambling Commission.
- Check for security features: Look for online casinos that use SSL encryption to protect your personal and financial information.
- Check the game's RNG: Make sure the online casino is using a reputable Random Number Generator to shuffle the virtual deck and check that the casino has been audited by independent auditing firms.
- Read the terms and conditions: Be sure to read the terms and conditions of the online casino you choose, and make sure that you understand the rules and regulations of the online blackjack game you will be playing.
By following these guidelines, you can ensure that you have a safe and fair online blackjack experience. It's important to remember to always gamble responsibly and to set limits for yourself.
Yes, we do offer bonuses for new players, such as sign-up bonuses, referral bonuses, and loyalty bonuses. These bonuses can be in the form of free bets, deposit matches, or cashback.